So, the past few months have been quite hectic and a real learning experience for Chip and me. We started with moving into our new home Christmas Eve. We've been slaving away since mid-August trying to do all the "sweat equity" and handy work we could. Chip is an amazing handyman and did a whole bunch of things to make my house become what it is. I usually love to be there right by his side helping as much as possible, BUT I just happened to be pregnant on this project so I wasn't much help. I happened to have quite the outbreak of extreme allergies to everything, so wasn't able to be in the house for most of the process. Towards the end I was fed up with being left out, so decided that if I shoved enough toilet paper in my nose I could block out whatever ailed me. We had lots of help from the family which we call our "slaves". The whole process was a learning one, but we loved it. We absolutely love being in a new neighborhood with a brand new house. We like many others are not in love with a house payment, but you gotta do what you gotta do. There is still a lot of touch-ups and little to-dos still left to finish it out, but we are getting there slowly. The landscaping will be done by none other than the best Legends Landscape (which just happens to be owned and ran by Chip Hafen himself). I'll take some recent pictures of the house, but here are previous "under construction" phase pictures.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm jealous (in a healthy way) of y'all. We're so excited to one day graduate into the home-ownership phase of life ... but it's definately not happening on an island in the middle of the Pacific.
Post a Comment