Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Introducing the newest addition...

We had our cute little boy March 7, 2008 at 12:55 in the morning. He measured in at 21.5in mainly because as my doctor put it "one righteous cone head." He weighed in the night he was born at 6lbs 15oz to all of the doctors and nurses surprise. Later on that morning when we were all a little more awake we discovered the scale was a pound off so he actually weighed in at 7lbs 15oz. He had a traumatic entrance starting with my water breaking at home while I was getting in the tub to relax because I didn't feel well. After it broke I wasn't sure what was going on other than I didn't feel good. After a few phone calls we were off to the hospital where I had already dilated to a four and nurse May could feel his head. We were whisked down the hallway and put right into labor and delivery where I was at a nine and he was ready to come out. I got my epidural and waited for the rest of the family to show up before we started pushing. I smiled and laughed the whole time I pushed and everyone thought I was crazy, but I felt great! He decided to peek his head out but then his big broad shoulders (thanks to his dad) decided they didn't want to come out. The nurses and doctor had to hop right up onto my belly and squish him out. Baby Dan didn't like that so much and his lungs didn't fill to their capacity so they whisked him away to the NICU attached to lots of monitors. Chip followed the baby so I was left with my parents in the delivery room to hang out for a few hours before I got to see my baby. Hard times but very comforting to know both grandpa's where there to give our little boy a blessing and help him with his first moments of life. After four VERY long days and nights of sitting and holding the baby attached to all sorts of cords we finally got released with a 100% healthy beautiful baby boy. Daniel Roy Hafen III has reddish blond hair, light skin, and very blue eyes. Just like how I was born, but he has all of his dads facial features so he is a pretty good blend of us both. We just love him, how could you not!

1 comment:

stef j. said...

Congrats! It just keeps getting better and better from here.